Col Minick's Exit

Home Forums Forum Col Minick's Exit

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      umbig11
      Participant

It may have been slightly expedited by a second event. There may be a negative article that comes out this week or next. It’s very minor and I am told it is BS. It happened out on I-94. Col Minick did want to create any negative publicity or distractions.

Ezeh-E
      Participant

Thanks for sharing. It seemed abrupt, but then again, summertime moves seem to happen quickly.

umbig11
        Participant

He was leaving anyway as it was already in the plans. The “road rage” report should be nothing.

Thunder
      Keymaster

I thought it was a little bit odd that he was leaving now, but maybe this is pure coincidence. I saw some people say really positive things elsewhere when this was announced, but I find it difficult to regret the departure of a guy who got a DUI within the past couple years. I think it’s one thing to get a DUI when you’re 22 years old and don’t have a handle on being a responsible adult/drinker, but it’s quite another when you’re 52 (or however old Minick is). Both are bad, but men who are in their 50s should know better.

umbig11
      Participant

Michigan has brought in Cooper Petanga to help Sean Magee. Here’s Cooper’s Twitter:

https://twitter.com/umichpetagna?lang=en

From Rivals (credit Brandon Brown):

“Michigan has brought in a couple of new staff members surrounding recruiting in recruiting coordinator Cooper Petagna and director of player personnel Sean Magee. Both Petagna and Magee are directly involved with identifying prospects early in terms of talent, interest and overall fit at Michigan and it’s something that takes time. Specifically with out of region prospects, initial contact needs to happen at least two years before the prospect graduates in order to build a rapport and get that recruit feeling comfortable enough with Michigan to legitimately consider the Wolverines. There are obviously exceptions depending on a player’s background but that’s the focus and the window the staff is trying to work with.”

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.