Layout Recommendation

Home Forums Forum Layout Recommendation

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      GoBlue
      Participant

OK, I don’t know anything about web design or how to fix the Google machine. But I do have a recommendation for the layout of where this message board falls. First, I really enjoy this board but since you have to take an extra step….clicking on it, to see any updates,I don’t check this as often as I should…or want to I guess. But, I do check the MGoBlog message board every time I’m on that site because it’s right there on the home page. Is there a way to move this onto the main page so people can see new threads right away and see if others have been commenting? Just my thoughts….thanks for all the great content!

Thunder
      Keymaster

1. On the sidebar, there is a widget for “Top Forum Discussions” right below “Connect with TTB” and above “Links.” That is one way to follow the board from the main page.

2. I previously had placed a separate widget on the sidebar that included individual, recent comments. I removed that widget because the board wasn’t very active, and it was just kind of taking up space. I might be inclined to install that widget once again if the board gets more active, so that’s a possibility.

3. So as not to clutter the sidebar, I think I would prefer to only have one widget designated for information about the message board. I think the “Top Forum Discussions” widget is cleaner and more useful than the one that lists individual comments.

I do appreciate the feedback. Any additional feedback from others would be appreciated, too. I’m not a web designer by trade, either.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.