Partridge will coach linebackers in bowl game

Home Forums Forum Partridge will coach linebackers in bowl game

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Thunder
      Keymaster

Michigan recruiting coordinator Chris Partridge will add the title of “Linebacker Coach” for Michigan’s bowl game, whatever/whenever that is. Partridge played linebacker in college and has coached defensive line and defensive backs at different times when coaching the lower levels of college football. Also, known as a good recruiter, he will be allowed to travel around the country and recruit players since he is technically a coach now.

Partridge replaces defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin (now the head coach at Maryland) coaching the linebackers, while defensive line coach Greg Mattison (the former DC under Brady Hoke and Lloyd Carr) will presumably coordinate the defense for the bowl.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Are you hearing any rumblings that makes you believe that he will be getting promoted past the bowl game? Whether that be a bigger role in an office or as an assistant? Or is he just going to get paid more?

Belated congrats on your new site. Looks good!

Thunder
        Keymaster

To be honest, I’m not really hearing rumblings either way about what position he’ll get. Personally, I do not believe he’ll be the permanent linebackers coach. But Michigan wants to keep him, so I think he’ll see some additional pay as well as perhaps an increased amount of responsibility in recruiting and analysis.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.