Rumor: Devin Asiasi may not return in the fall

Home Forums Forum Rumor: Devin Asiasi may not return in the fall

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Thunder
      Keymaster

The rumor that’s been floating around today is that tight end Devin Asiasi is at home tending to family issues and may not return to Michigan. That would be very disappointing, considering he could be in line to replace Jake Butt as the starting tight end.

Extrajuice
      Participant

This would be a huge disaster. Was definitely a difference maker. Will probably miss his blocking the most considering the returning linemen. I guess this is what happens sometimes when you pull a kid off the west coast.

INTJohn
        Participant

Not a positive development, obviously relative to the team but I wouldn’t describe it as a ‘huge disaster’. lol A huge disaster, to me, would be say a direct strike from a 50 yard diameter meteor on Ann Arbor……..

jez sayin bro…………INTJohn

Thunder
        Keymaster

Yeah, this would be very disappointing. I had Asiasi as the best offensive recruit in the 2016 class. And even if that doesn’t quite hold true (Ben Bredeson? Chris Evans?), he played very well as a true freshman last year.

Extrajuice
      Participant

What you really wanted to say…. this could be a disaster! The 2018 recruiting class looks strong. I looked over some of the TE’s we are recruiting. Strong receiving skills but not the blockers that Asiasi is.

Lanknows
      Participant

Huge blow to the squad. I like Wheatley and Bunting, but Asiasi looked like the best overall TE on the team and given that he was a true freshman that was highly encouraging.

Of course I don’t know the family issues going on but it seems strange for a bay area kid to head to USC rather than Cal or Stanford.

Bummer

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.