Season Recap

Home Forums Forum Season Recap

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Burge333
      Participant

10-2!

The start and finish sucked but it ended as expected.

A quick review of historical results; OSU has not put up 62 on UM since at least 1897. The best defence in the country, coaches and #4 team were treated as bitches.

10-2 is about appropriate for a team with a decent team with an defence that played well when it could but not when it had too.

One has to question coaching a lot of this game….

10-2 is probably Michigan’s ceiling moving forward. This is a coaching staff and team that is likely capable of winning a big 10 championship or making the playoffs once every 10-15 years. Or in better terms a second rate (kind of irrelevant) college football program. Not sure why a recruit would choose UM over OSU, anyone doing so you would have to question their motives really.

Personally I am not sure how to reconcile this as I have been a long standing fan and would prefer we go to the days of a dream of winning it all. But that is not this program in this environment. I don’t think Michigan can get a better coach than Harbaugh and he is simply at least the 3rd best coach in the Big 10 and kind of irrelevant nationally. Don Brown lost the Broyles award this week by having his ass handed to him on a silver platter.

Best win, PSU. Worst loss OSU. Who cares about a bowl game!

Excitement for next year is minimal. Michigan, its players and coaches have not proven to be capable of winning big games. The stretch of Wisconsin, MSU and PSU ended up with only 1 ranked team, ND was not great and OSU was as damaging al loss as I can remember.

If i had to give analogy for this season, I would say Rashan Gary. Thanks for showing up but you never made a stamp on the program or had an impact. I saw him ranked as the #8 pick in the draft, still waiting for him to make a non reputation impact on a game. I wasn’t even sure he was playing in this game at half time.

Reality has struck! On to 2019… Michigan fans can rejoice in hopefully a good recruiting class, maybe a September Heisman. The loss to OSU might have rivalled Appalachion State, in terms of our gap between excitement and reality.

je93
      Participant

Sobering, but true

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.