Welcome to the message board!

Home Forums Forum Welcome to the message board!

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      Thunder
      Keymaster

Welcome to the Touch the Banner message board! This is one of the features I am most excited about for the upcoming days and months and years. You are all free to post discussion topics, news bits, etc. as you see fit. You can register for the site, create a profile, and participate at will. I do ask that any off-topic posts are labeled well, including preceding any non-football or non-Michigan posts with “OT.”

Happy posting!

BlueCube
      Participant

Congratulations on the new site Thunder. It looks great. Wishing you great success.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thank you. After many tries with my old user name, I decided to simply register with another name. You have the place looking good and I’m interested in learning what my fellow M fans think. God job Magnus

Thunder
          Keymaster

LOL. You can have as many accounts as you want, but I believe this is your third account. I believe you’re also registered as wolfman and wolfman64. It makes no difference to me. Just thought it was humorous! Thanks!

grumbler

Congratulations on the new site. Looks good, and I wish you the best as you move this forward. Ah’ll be baack.

tomas

I love Touch The Banner, I check it out daily. It might take a minute to get use to the new site.

iBlue
      Participant

Congrats on the new site, and sincere good luck. One request: Please ditch the maize on white printing as it’s almost impossible to read.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I second the maize on white font! Make it pretty hard to read.

M1997
      Participant

Nice website.

Yo_Blue
      Participant

Congratulations! I appreciate the effort.

mgobob
      Participant

Where are the beautiful women now?

Thunder
        Keymaster

They will be making an appearance soon.

HAIL2VICTORS
      Participant

Magnus congratulations on the new site and can you possibly recover and transfer over the 14,348 points the mods deleted over at MGOBLOG under the H2V monniker?
      :- )

DJNiteFlite

I registered yet still need to fill out my info every time I post? Seems like more of the same unless I’m missing something.

BlueCube
        Participant

It doesn’t look like you registered properly. I show as a participant and yours doesn’t. Did you actually register for the site with a password?

Thunder
        Keymaster

I don’t have you as a registered user. If you hover over “Forum” at the top of the page, it gives you a link to the registration page.

DJNiteFlite
          Participant

Very first thing I did Thunder.

Thunder
            Keymaster

Never mind. You just popped on the list. I’ll check into it. You shouldn’t have to keep signing back in, AFAIK.

DJNiteFlite

They emailed me a password. I thought it was strange that I couldn’t choose my own.

DJNiteFlite
      Participant

Figured it out. Apparently you have to follow a link to login. There was a link in the email with my password. I didn’t follow it initially because I figured login would be on the home page.

Thunder
      Keymaster

Oh, okay. Yeah, I plan to look into putting a sign-in widget on the main page.

Lou MacAdoo
      Participant

Congrats on the new site!! I like the look of it, except I have to agree on the Hi-lighter yellow (it’s not Maize) and white writing complaint. It’s too difficult to read. Maybe you could add a blue outline to it and while you’re at it maybe some bumble bee stripes.

MGoUp
      Participant

Way to go Thunder. I have always been impressed and enjoyed your analysis of recruits as well as other aspects of UM Football.

Look forward to following you here.

Go Blue!

coachernie
      Participant

This new site is going to take some getting use to.

Lughead39
      Participant

long time viewer of the site (3-4 years now). Glad to finally comment for the first time on the new site. Keep up the great work and analysis.

Brimley
      Participant

Cool! Now instead of commenting anonymously, I can be my stupid on-line alter-ego! Seriously, I’ve been a TTB regular for at least three years and look forward to seeing how the new format works.

gobluetwo
      Participant

Suggestion: When I click into a specific post, it would be great to have some sort of navigation at the bottom that says “Previous Post” and “Next Post” with a little description, or little arrows on either side of the page to allow navigation to the next/previous posts.

Lanknows
      Participant

Maybe it’ll just take some getting used to, but I find the semi-transparent header that won’t go away to be distracting. It shrinks the screen and makes it harder to read content. Looks cool, but I think that simple is better functionally.

Thunder
        Keymaster

I’m not 100% sold on it, either, but I do like that it offers up some easy navigation. If people are going back and forth to the forum, the offer boards, the blog, etc., then I think it serves some functionality. I’m kind of considering it as a trial run.

Thunder
      Keymaster

I appreciate all of the notes/suggestions/likes/dislikes.

steweiler
      Participant

Great-looking site! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Congratulations on the new site!
      -Unclefred

Anonymous
      Inactive

The link at page bottom that says you must be logged in to post a comment leads to a 404 page not found error. However the log in to reply link in the comment works correctly.

WFDEric
      Participant

Congrats Mag! Love your honesty even when it’s not what we want to hear! Looking forward to visiting this page daily….

Nick.
      Participant

Glad to see the new version changes already. The blue type is easier to read and a login button on the main page is +1.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Thunder
      One thing I really miss from the old board is the number of comments to a topic on the home page. It allowed me to scan the topics to see if there were additional comments since I last read it. It it is possible to do something similar it would be very much appreciated.
      THanks

Thunder
        Keymaster

There are a couple current options. There is a “Recent Comments” widget on the right sidebar where you can see if someone has commented recently on a topic that interests you. Also, if you click on Blog in the top menu or bookmark the link

https://touch-the-banner.com/category/blog/

then you will see something similar to the old site. It shows how many comments there are on each post.

Hopefully that helps.

Sadaharu
      Participant

Thanks for the great new site. I like the new look, but really, the content is what keeps me coming back. Also excited to read the great interviews recently posted by the new members of your team.

Thunder
        Keymaster

Thanks for reading!

Long time reader of your website, finally thought it was time to get involved with some discussions. Really enjoy your insight with players and recruits.

Thunder
        Keymaster

Thanks! And I love the username/avatar.

HailYes85
      Participant

Best wishes on your growth and success!

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.