Happy Easter Sunday, everybody! Along with a few thousand other fans, I made my way to Ford Field on Saturday. I sat in the stands, ate a hot dog, and watched Captain Khaki run practice. I chose not to live tweet it because, well, it was nice to sit back, relax, and watch a well run practice. Below are my thoughts on some roster news and the various positions:
- WR/CB Freddy Canteen is not on the roster and his status is unclear.
- WR Jehu Chesson was doing work on the sideline and on the bike, wearing a brace on his knee.
- RB Kingston Davis was in shorts without a helmet and running steps. Lots and lots of steps.
- OG David Dawson was wearing a sling on his left arm and did not participate.
- CB Reon Dawson and WR Jaron Dukes have left the football program and are exploring medical scholarships.
- DT Ryan Glasgow was in shorts and a helmet going through some non-contact drills, but then ran steps with Davis for a big chunk of practice.
- RB Karan Higdon was in street clothes. No injury was apparent.
- DE Shelton Johnson was not visible to me. I looked for him extensively and never saw him. Sam Webb tweeted that he was on the sideline in street clothes.
Hit the jump for a position-by-position breakdown of the offense.