In a pregame interview, Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler sarcastically wished Packers defensive backs “good luck” covering his wide receivers in their match-up during last week’s Thursday Night Football. Cutler ought to know better than to challenge one of the greatest defensive backs of all time.
“We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons,” Woodson said. “But it’s the same old Jay. We don’t need luck. We just need to be in position. Jay will throw us the ball.”
Woodson and his mentees must have been in position quite a bit Thursday night, picking off Cutler four times in their 23-10 victory. Woodson ended the game with one interception (the 55th of his career), five tackles, a pass breakup, and most likely nothing but a smooth look toward Jay Cutler that said, “I KNEW U WERE PATHETIC BEFORE THE GAME EVEN STARTED DUDE.”
Honorable Mention: In only the second game of the regular season, Mike Martin started at nose tackle for the Titans and apparently showed well, recording his first NFL sack and registering four total tackles. Martin started due to an injury up front and is still listed as second string on the official roster, but that shouldn’t prevent him from continuing to see plenty of playing time.
- Tom Brady is not the Former Michigan Athlete of the Week. The Patriots were stunned by the Cardinals, 20-18, and Brady finished with a QB rating below 80.
- Larry Foote recorded seven tackles and Ryan Mundy recorded five in the Steelers 27-10 win over the New York Jets.
- Brandon Graham continues to NOT light the world on fire. Two solo tackles are the only non-zero items on his 2012 boxscore besides “games played.”
- After coming off an early season-ending injury, Mouton started the 2012 season inactive for the Chargers. He is listed as second string on their depth chart.
- Braylon Edwards had five receptions for Seattle the first week but none last week.
- Stevie Brown continues to collect an NFL paycheck. Now in his third season, Brown is a backup safety for the New York Giants and has recorded five tackles this year.
You need to login in order to vote