Shane Morris is the #2 QB

Home Forums Forum Shane Morris is the #2 QB

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Thunder
      Keymaster

At the end of Saturday’s game, third-string QB Wilton Speight entered the game to hand off the ball and then take a knee. After the game, Jim Harbaugh said that he was trying to preserve Shane Morris’s redshirt. I think this is a good idea, regardless of whether the coaches think John O’Korn or Zach Gentry is the future QB. It leaves you with options in case O’Korn flunks out, Gentry gets homesick, etc.

Lanknows
      Participant

It’s worth a shot. The benefits of keeping Morris’ red-shirt should be obvious to everyone, even if you don’t think he’ll ever start (as I don’t.)

The big question is if Rudock can stay healthy enough to get through the year. What happens if he gets banged up and the backup has to come in? Imagine that scenario in the 3rd quarter of a tied game against MSU or OSU. Does Michigan take a timeout to think about it a little more? Do they run Speight out there knowing the D will tee off on the run game? Or do they say this series is worth more than a 5th year for Morris.

I’d still say it’s unlikely that Morris gets through the year without playing, but I LOVE that Harbaugh is thinking this way.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.