2017 LB Jordan Anthony sets announcement date

Home Forums Forum 2017 LB Jordan Anthony sets announcement date

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Thunder
      Keymaster

Bradenton (FL) IMG Academy linebacker Jordan Anthony set his announcement date for December 22, 2016. He’s expected to pick Michigan.

maizinblue88
      Participant

Anthony + Singleton would be a good way to close linebacker recruiting, assuming the ratings are accurate. We can definitely use some blue chip linebackers sooner rather than later.

Thunder
        Keymaster

I agree with that *if* the rankings are accurate, but this linebacker class is going to leave me a little bit wanting, I think. I’m not sure where that thumper is in the middle to replace Gedeon/McCray.

Roanman
      Participant

I don’t think we’ve had a true thumper on this year’s board even from the beginning. I haven’t bothered to see if that’s because this is a lean year for thumpers, or if it’s us. I really like both Singleton and Gay, but I don’t think either one weighs within 10 lbs of his claim, particularly Gay.

As an aside, I was impressed with how lean and fit Gay’s team was, then I looked again and Damn, with very few exceptions there was hardly a heavy kid to be found in their opposition either. Maybe it’s just me, but i thought that it was dramatic in comparison to any other HS football I’ve seen on film in years, maybe ever.

Thunder
        Keymaster

There are a couple thumpers down south from Alabama, but they never gave Michigan much of a look. I also like Anthony Hines III, but he’s going to Texas A&M.

Extrajuice
      Participant

I know it’s not official yet, but assuming Jordan Anthony commits to UM I’m guessing your assessment isn’t going to be too kind. I like to assess and scout players too and knowing your grading system I can see him falling well below what others are hoping you would grade him at.

His size is troubling to me. It looks like he’s already filled out his frame pretty much. Not overly quick or fast but decent instincts. Short, choppy steps can be beneficial at linebacker but lacks explosion through hits. Definitely not a thumper but someone who wraps pretty well. Wish I could see more of him taking on offensive linemen. I guess what I’m saying… not a difference maker and not a 5 star player. Solid starter in 2-3 years and maybe some special teams before then. I’ll wait for your write up if he commits to see how I did!

Thunder
        Keymaster

Well, I’m glad he played linebacker as a senior and put out some highlights. His play at RB was not especially inspiring for a LB. I don’t think he’s a 5-star like Rivals says, but he’s still a decent prospect.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.