2017 PWO offer: John Pearson

Home Forums Forum 2017 PWO offer: John Pearson

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Thunder
      Keymaster

Orchard Lake (MI) St. Mary’s linebacker John Pearson is a 6’4″, 205-pounder.

Roanman
      Participant

I hate that field.

Thunder
        Keymaster

Agreed. I’m guessing it’s one of those things you only like if you went to or played for OLSM.

Roanman
      Participant

The last time I was there, it was still grass I think. I saw what I still think to be the single most interesting play of my life.

It was Marine City vs OLSM in a tournament game. Marine City had a big, fast, square, 5’10, 215 lbs. Sr, farm boy who had been trucking everybody since he was a FR. They basically abused you with this kid on power, wham and quick hitters until you started checking the clock. Then they’d keep it up.

It was second and something and they come off tackle with this kid. He gets a nice hole, cuts it up and everybody is putting up six the second he clears the line of scrimmage because he always goes for 70 and six when a play gets this far.

All of a sudden, Grant whatsisname who went to Stanford first and then came to us to be a very nice Safety, comes straight downhill and just cuts this kid down with a textbook perfect knee high tackle followed by just the prettiest wrap up and twist you have ever seen in your life and it’s a gain of maybe 6. Game over. OVER!!! You could hear the air go straight out of the entire Marine City sideline. The shock was audible.

It was profound. They hung around and lost maybe 28 14 but it was over on the first series of downs on one great tackle that wasn’t really even that much of a hit.

Such an emotionally charged game.

Thunder
        Keymaster

You’re probably thinking of Grant Mason.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.