I believe Milton would make ideal consolation prize

Home Forums Forum I believe Milton would make ideal consolation prize

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

to losing DTR to UCLA. Of course much of that would depend on whether on not he says no to his other suitors, strongest of which lie in his own state. He seems to like FL a lot, but there can be no h.s. qb in the country, especially those who need help in developing, who are unaware of where the Godfather of qb whisperers reside.

When I look at this young man, I can see he has the skill set that the finished product, if his ability to listen to an properly synthesize the knowledge passed down and then spend countless hours – that’s what it takes guys – dedicated to perfecting the techniques Coach would teach him would look very similar to DeShaun Watson. It appears their speed is close and Milton has the stronger arm. Hell, he has a stronger arm than any other qb in high school I’ve seen tape on this season. That would be one of the things he’d have to learn quickly, change of pace. Size and agility are ideal as well and he’s only going to get stronger.

His completion pct is very low, but it appears practicing, and practicing the correct technique would be his major hurdle But if Harbaugh does, indeed, offer it would be because he not only believes he has the physical tools to do so but he’d be very confident in the young man’s mental makeup as well and whether or not he could simply play the game in front of 100K+ because ultimately that’s what it comes down to in great players; being able to take that perfect throw from the practice field where there are only a few set of eyes on you along to the game on Saturday where that number is multiplied by the above figure. Qbs, imo, have a greater ability to evaluate this ability in recruits than former linemen. I say this because Bo came right out and asked Demetrius Brown if he thought he could do that in front of the huge crowd. What’s a young recruit’s answer going to be? I think Harbaugh would have a pretty good handle on this simply by hanging with the young man for as long as rules allow and pick up on his personality.

And because Harbaugh has offered so many, including walk-ons, our qb situation would allow plenty of time before his name would even come up for debate. He has his final year of h.s., he will enroll early so his higher education would begin as early as next spring, last through his R.S. freshman year, and we would have a real good idea, as we do with Peters now on what we can expect in the future. Realize there is still another he is going to take, no matter if he is fortunate enough -imo- to get this young man, but he does this for a reason, knowing it will yield him an “Andrew Luck” like college qb soon. After watching this young man and seeing what he’s capable of, having watched him throw some perfect balls in game action, I’m inclined to believe he could make a habit of this given time and proper instruction and we all know Harbaugh can build a qb’s confidence to the perfect level. Yes, ideal UM qb candidate.

Thunder
      Keymaster

I agree that Milton would be a good consolation prize, and he might end up being the better QB. It seems like the coaching staff has grown increasingly enamored with Milton, though maybe that’s because Thompson-Robinson was fading away. He has a ton of potential.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m sure their interest went up as a direct result of them becoming aware of where DTR was going. Although not much has to be added at this point in regard to staff’s preparedness, just another example of them being on top of most things. Think its a very, very good idea to grab two qbs as well. Hell, although Brady set us up potentially with a strong 22, there was still a lot of building to be done and I recall debating a poster on this site about our, in his opinion, “glut of TEs” for what he deemed the most useless position in FB. Take away one Asiasi, add an injury and you get the gist. I love the preseason photo of our ’97 qb three deep. At that time, beginning with Elvis, anyone who had ever started a game at qb at UM was drafted into the NFL. I believe such will be the case again, although O’korn was forced to start the IN game, I think it will still start with Wilton. And it could contain a lot of similarities, even if Peters were to unseat him this season or the next. Scott lost the job to Brian but was still drafted. As Urb likes to say, and it’s true, imo, in regard to the entire team but especially at qb in AA, “the future is looking bright.”

umbig11
      Participant

Milton will announce his commitement to Michigan in the next two weeks.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.