New Weight Room

Home Forums Forum New Weight Room

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      BlueMan
      Participant

Anyone have any details on this project? I drove by Oosterbaan field house and saw a lot of construction going on. I was kind of bummed that they didn’t just take a wrecking ball to it, such an eyesore. I read Manuel said they expect everything to be done by January. That seems expedited for a project that is supposed to cost over 20 million dollars. I also don’t understand how something that expensive can be built inside such a dated facility. The low field house roof is going to look odd. Maybe I’m in the minority but I don’t see how this is going to come together and look good to recruits at the end of the day.

umbig11
      Participant

Rough outline of what will be built and when: – 31,000 sq. ft weight room (largest in the country) – Renovated Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation space – Upgraded Sports Performance Nutrition – Hydrotherapy The total project ($35 million) – $21 million already raised – Phase 1 in begins in May ’17 (building the new weight room) – Estimated completion by January 2018 – Phase 2 (need to raise $14 million this year) Once the remaining funds are raised, phase 2 will begin. The plan is to have the facilities ready for the 2018 season.

BlueMan
        Participant

No I get all that, but any idea what this thing is going to look like when it’s finished? Building the whole things inside the existing Oosterbaan seems weird.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.