If you would like to support the blog, please consider making a purchase from Amazon (LINK):
The early signing period in December has really screwed up what used to be a very exciting first week of February, so while there’s not a ton of build-up to this day anymore, there are still some things happening in the world of 2019 recruiting. I’ll break down some of the more interesting situations.
Hit the jump for more.
- Kevin Pyne – OT – Millis (MA) Millis: Originally a 2020 prospect, there were rumors that Pyne was reclassifying to 2019. However, I can find nothing definitive, and the recruiting sites still list him with the class of 2020. Either way, he has not made a commitment public.
- Trevon Raphael – WR – Solon (OH) Solon: Raphael was considered a Michigan lean at one point, but he is probably headed to prep school due to academic issues.
- Tyrece Woods – DE – Belleville (MI) Belleville: Woods, a former Michigan commit (LINK), is planning to announce his decision between Buffalo and Western Michigan.
UNDECIDED PLAYERS AND THE CRYSTAL BALL FAVORITE
- Latrell Alexander – DT – Albany (NY) Albany: N/A
- Jonathan Allen – OG – Dayton (OH) Dunbar: Cincinnati 67%
- Javonni Cunningham – CB – Suwanee (GA) North Gwinnett: N/A
- Jacob Dean – OT – Walled Lake (MI) Western: Dean is committed to Lawrence Tech, but not an FBS school right now.
- Jerrion Ealy – RB – Flowood (MS) Jackson: Clemson 85%
- Kaiir Elam – CB – North Palm Beach (FL) Benjamin: Florida 65%
- Isaiah Foskey – TE – Concord (CA) De La Salle: Notre Dame 100%
- Daequan Hardy – CB – Pittsburgh (PA) Penn Hills: N/A
- Ira Henry – OG – St. Louis (MO) Trinity Catholic: Auburn 50%
- Danielson Ike – OT – Kansas City (MO) Rockhurst: Oklahoma 100%
- Dawand Jones – OT – Indianapolis (IN) Ben Davis: Ohio State 90%
- Tavian Mayo – S – Leesburg (GA) Lee County: West Virginia 100%
- Charles Mincy, Jr. – RB – Charlotte (NC) Mallard Creek: N/A
- Matthew Pola-Mao – DT – Chandler (AZ) Chandler: Kansas State 88%
- Jesse Polansky – OG – Suffield (CT) Suffield Academy: N/A
- Garmon Randolph – TE – Jefferson (GA) Jefferson: Baylor 100%
- Joshua Sanguinetti – CB – Fort Lauderdale (FL) University School:
- Ishmael Sopsher – DT – Amite (LA) Amite: LSU 71%
- Billy Sonnier – DE – Lafayette (LA) Northside: N/A
- Jaquaze Sorrells – DT – Orlando (FL) Winter Park: South Carolina 86%
- Tyler Strickland – CB – Dublin (GA) Dublin: N/A
- Henry To’oto’o – LB – Concord (CA) De La Salle: Alabama 67%
WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN FOR MICHIGAN?
It all means very little. Michigan is not expected to land any of the uncommitted players they have offered, and only two are pegged for the Big Ten or other rival schools: Isaiah Foskey (Notre Dame) and Dawand Jones (Ohio State). Michigan was in the running for Foskey at one point, and he said he would taken an official visit to Ann Arbor, but that never materialized. Meanwhile, Jones visited Michigan but after Trevor Keegan committed, the Wolverines stopped recruiting more offensive linemen.
You need to login in order to vote