The holidays are busy. I hope you all are doing well and enjoying Washington State vs. Air Force highlights!
A couple wrap-up items from recent days on players with decisions to make:
- Nick Eubanks is returning for a fifth year at tight end, which is good because I don’t think he would get drafted in 2020.
- Kwity Paye is returning for his senior year at defensive end, which is also good because I don’t think his draft stock would be very high.
- It sounds like Ambry Thomas is coming back, although he hasn’t come out with that decision as definitively as the first two.
Hit the jump for more.
Bowl game practice position switches?
- George Johnson III is playing cornerback after coming to Michigan as a wide receiver. That probably helps from a depth perspective, and classmates Giles Jackson, Cornelius Johnson, and Mike Sainristil had already moved ahead to get significant playing time at wideout.
- Ben Van Sumeren is playing some tight end. I don’t see tailback working out for him, and he’s blocked by Ben Mason at fullback.
- Not really a position switch, but Jim Harbaugh said incoming freshman Eamonn Dennis is leaning toward playing corner.
More QBs pic.twitter.com/DsFvFWeSQG— angelique (@chengelis) December 27, 2019
I don’t like Eli Manning, but you have to admit that he must have been doing something right to win two Super Bowls and have a lengthy NFL career with the Giants.
Speaking of people I don’t like, it appears Michigan dodged a bullet:
Dan Enos has been fired as #Miami's offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach.— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) December 27, 2019
2020 running back Jalen Berger named a top five that doesn’t include Michigan. He’s a very talented running back, but Michigan stopped going hard after him, for whatever reason.
Top5 (no order) pic.twitter.com/PCMA2PcgVs— Jalen Berger (@JalenBerger) December 27, 2019
You need to login in order to vote