Player personnel director Tony Tuioti to Fresno State

Home Forums Forum Player personnel director Tony Tuioti to Fresno State

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Thunder
      Keymaster

Michigan’s player personnel director Tony Tuioti is moving on to Fresno State as their defensive line coach. The player personnel director is a big part of the recruiting staff, planning out visits, campus tours, meetings, etc. He was also a large part of Michigan’s recruitment of Polynesian players, such as 2017 DT Phillip Paea (committed), DT Jay Tufele, OT Chuck Filiaga, LB Julian Falaniko, etc. This probably does not bode well for the recruitment of any of those guys, though I expect Paea to remain committed, regardless. It will be interesting to see if Jim Harbaugh replaces Tuioti – or hires another staff member – with a Polynesian background.

Lanknows
      Participant

Yikes. Tufele and Filiaga are the two most important recruits on the board IMO. Solomon could perhaps make up for not landing Tufele but we don’t have anyone on the board who is nearly as well regarded and potentially ready to play as Filiaga.

Big blow for recruiting, but without a vacancy on the staff they can’t promote Tuioti. Hopefully they’ve made enough of an impression on Tufele and Filiaga that it’s not a deal-breaker.

Thunder
        Keymaster

I prefer Solomon to Tufele, but I agree that Filiaga is extremely important. We don’t have enough tackles on the roster. That continues to be an issue for this program.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.