Utah post-game thoughts

Home Forums Forum Utah post-game thoughts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Thunder
      Keymaster

Michigan lost to Utah, 24-17. What are your thoughts on the game, Harbaugh, etc.?

Troj23
      Participant

Random Thoughts
      – Pass Protection was solid; 43 Pass Attempts without giving up a Sack
      – I see some potential for a good Receiving corps with Darboh, Chesson, Perry, and Butt. Would have liked to see Harris get some touches and don’t understand why Rudock targeted AJ Williams at all
      – Running game was awful… 29 rushes and our long was 7 yards. Is that more on the OLine or RBs? Probably a combo.
      – Defense was pretty good

goblueiowa
      Participant

Thoughts:
      – Running backs missed holes on some big plays. Drake Johnson seems to have the best vision of the back it will be interesting to see who gets carries when he is close to 100%
      – when the running game wasnt working i like how they tried to stretch the field and go to bubble screens which worked very well, i wish they would have done more as this is similar to running game as it stops the constant pressure up front and netted positive yards.
      – For a 5th year QB, He seems to lock on to his guy early allowing defense to react as we saw on several 3rd down conversions and he also has to make the step up in the pocket deep throw catchable.
      – OLINE – i think we all know everyone’s thoughts there need to make a presence.

Defense – i thought they played well, some missed tackles but RB and QB are big and cant be arm tackled.
      Lewis and wormley were impressive all night followed by Peppers.
      LB’s looked lost on some plays when Utah went hurry up. need to be ready for BYU and others in upcoming games.

Special teams – Missed FG otherwise i thought they played well was hoping for a big play on special teams as i thought that would be the difference maker in this game.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.