UPDATE: This is bumped from its original post date of March 14. Thanks to the funds many of you have sent my way (Paypal is on the left sidebar if you’re interested in helping), I have gathered enough to start the website redesign. I have a meeting with the developer this coming week, and I will continue to look for additional feedback from you, the reader. What requests do you have for the new site?
Good morning, trusted TTB readers! I know I’ve been promising a new site for a while, and I actually have had a domain name and a new platform for an embarrassingly long time without doing anything about it. Unfortunately, while trolling around WordPress, I realized that I have become pretty proficient at using Blogger . . . and not at all proficient at actually building a website from scratch. It’s like your first girlfriend – you like her because you don’t know any better.
But it’s time to be a grown-up and ask other people for help, so I am hiring a professional web developer to create my new site. We had a meeting the other day and should be getting rolling soon, even though it will surely take a bit of time to code and launch the new site.
Here are a few of the features planned:
- Drop-down menus to clear some of the clutter up top
- Individual logins for commenters
- A message board for readers to post threads/comments
Here’s what I would like from you:
- What other features would you like to see?
- What features do you like about the current site that might translate well to the new site?
- What advice do you have regarding the look of the site, the implementation of the message board, etc.?