DTR Confirms UM Will Take Two QB's in 2018

Home Forums Forum DTR Confirms UM Will Take Two QB's in 2018

• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tim.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      umbig11
      Participant

A quote from DTR after the spring game:

“They (UM Staff) told me they want to take two quarterback regardless of whether I commit or not,”

je93
      Participant

This isn’t ideal for such a small class, but we’ll have only 4 scholly QBs in 2018, one a TrueFR. That leaves us with three ready to play, and two if speight were to leave early (NFL or passed by Peters)

umbig11
        Participant

Florida feels like Milton is slipping away to Michigan and Georgia. I like our chances right now.

Lanknows
      Participant

That’s called insurance. I would be willing to bet this isn’t the final outcome. Though if it is, I would have no problem with it.

The nice thing about taking so many recruits in 2016 and 2017 is that there are so few immediate needs in 2018. OL, DB, a TE – if it had to Michigan could probably get by with a 10 person class and still be OK.

Thunder
      Keymaster

I wouldn’t be too mad if one of the quarterbacks was James Graham, a dual-threat kid who could play wide receiver. He’s good enough at QB that he could potentially play that position down the road, but he’s speedy enough to make an impact at WR, CB, or KR, too.

Lanknows
        Participant

I’m all for it, but I suspect they’re telling DTR what they’re telling him because they’re going to recruit a pro style kid.

fullhouse
          Participant

Isn’t this a change from DTR’s earlier recruitment? I believe they told him he would be the only qb if he committed first. Now, it is two qbs regardless.

ragingbull
      Participant

with you on james graham [or a comparable talent if they can find any], looks like a great athlete. never hurts to have a versatile athlete developing at QB yet capable of competing for snaps in other areas

Tim
      Participant

Two would be great in they are Milton and Shough. I don’t see DTR coming, but we’ll see seen enough.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.