Lanknows

Home Forums Forum Lanknows

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      TriFloyd
      Participant

Hey, everyone, don’t tell Lanknows about the new site.

j/k, we love you Lanknows. Welcome.

Thunder
      Keymaster

Don’t scare him away! If he didn’t post on a regular basis, we wouldn’t have anything to argue about. This is a sports blog, and arguments are fundamental when it comes to sports.

Lanknows
      Participant

Fret not Floyd, my web browser can link too!

coachernie
      Participant

He’s the biggest blow heart around. Nobody likes him, hopefully he goes away. If he was in the service his troops would have taken care of him via ‘friendly fire’.

Thunder
        Keymaster

Oh, he’s not that bad. I argue with him a lot, but he’s passionate and informed about Michigan. There are lots of worse commenters in the Michigan blogosphere.

Lanknows
        Participant

Well I think I’ve heard from ‘coachernie’ before…Hi Anon. Let’s hope you sound better to whoever you ‘coach’ than you do in written form. It’ll be nice for your comments to have some accountability now that you’re done hiding behind the Anonymous tag.

Thunder
      Keymaster

By the way…Ty Isaac is listed at 228 lbs. on the updated roster.

Lanknows
        Participant

So – are you worried Thunder? Disappointed? You’ve been saying he needs to put on weight to be a power back for a while now.

As for me… woo hoo! Everything I’ve heard the last few weeks is going about as well as could be reasonably hoped. It sounds like Isaac has lost a lot of weight, gotten healthy, and earned his way into the top 3 backs at worst. At this point, I wouldn’t be shocked if he started – though I’d still expect Smith and Green to be ahead for now, I no longer feel that strongly about it.

I had my doubts about Isaac, and Drake Harris too and some of those are lingering – but both seem to be applying their talents and on the verge of playing a meaningful role. Which is great news. Maybe Morris can join them to form a trifecta of guys I’ve called overrated because of recruiting hype.

Other preseason opinions that look like they could be wrong:
        I was sure one of the freshman DE would play, if not both, but it appears they like RJS and Ojemudia enough to not need another edge guy.
        I was of the opinion that Grant Perry wouldn’t do anything meaningful, but the buzz is that he might even start. Sometimes it’s great to be wrong.

Cookie Monster
        Participant

Doubtful. Ty Isaac is fat. Too fat to be good.

Thunder
          Keymaster

Not worried or disappointed at all. When he was 215 lbs., I said he needed to add weight. I’d say he’s up 13 pounds or so since then.

Lanknows
            Participant

It was argued that he hadn’t been 225 since high school and that he should be at 235 (or more) and that 240 wasn’t an issue. Now he’s at 228.

Regarding being fat — I don’t think anyone is suggesting losing 12 pounds of muscle is a good thing is it? Probably some bad weight in there. Bad weight = … fat

My comment in July:

“My hopes: Isaac shows up at camp determined to prove the ‘haters’ wrong. He drops weight and is closer to 225 than 240. The weight loss helps him stay healthy. He shows that athleticism in camp that had/has everybody excited. He fills the gaping need for a 3rd down back who can catch, block, and be dangerous enough with the ball to force DBs to stay honest/indecisive.”

Right on schedule.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.