OT: Star Wars – The Force Awakens trailer

Home Forums Forum OT: Star Wars – The Force Awakens trailer

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Thunder
      Keymaster

DonAZ
      Participant

Prepare for a bit of movie blasphemy … I don’t really like Star Wars.

I liked the first Star Wars well enough when it was in the theaters during original release — and yeah, I’m that old. I think I saw the other two of the first three, but I never saw the prequel three, and I don’t plan on seeing this new one. But I’m not that much of a science fiction buff, so there’s that.

To each their own, however … so for all you Star Wars fans out there, I hope you enjoy this one!

Thunder
        Keymaster

The prequels were disappointing – bad acting, bad casting choices, etc. I still liked them, but not as much as the original trilogy. However, I think J.J. Abrams makes everything better. I wasn’t a huge Star Trek fan, either, but his two Star Trek movies were pretty darn good. I’m not the world’s biggest Star Wars fan, but I’m excited for December.

DonAZ
          Participant

I guess I wasn’t paying much attention … I didn’t realize J.J. Abrams was directing this new Star Wars, and I wouldn’t have immediately made the connection with the 2009 Star Trek movie by Abrams.

I very much liked the 2009 Star Trek movie. I’m a bit of an original series Trekkie, but less so the ones that followed. And other than “Wrath of Khan,” the other Star Trek movies were not very good. But the 2009 movie by Abrams hit most of the right notes, and it’s one I have in DVD format and will watch periodically when there’s no good sports on TV.

(The one false note in the Star Trek movie was brief romance scenes between Spock and Uhura. I’m every bit as much a fan of Zoe Saldana on the screen as the next man, but I found that scene in the elevator to make me shake my head in disagreement. Karl Urban as McCoy was terrific casting.)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.