Scandals in Big 10

Home Forums Forum Scandals in Big 10

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Burge333
      Participant

I am curious what peoples opinions are on the Big 10 and how it is handling the seemingly endless scandals in the schools that make up the Big 10.

The scandals have been pretty bad and directly related to the main revenue source (football) or at least partially involved. I can’t seem to fathom how little actual punishment, recognition or consequence there has been for the schools involved.

I guess this topic translates to the NFL protests. Does society only care about entertainment? And will we turn a blind eye to even the worst possible actions to escape the world for a sporting event. The stupidly obvious answer is “YES, and shut the hell up about it.”

I am shocked that a mother would send her child to PSU, MSU or OSU. I can’t imagine anyone saying “You should go to that school where they raped all those little girls, covered it up and refused to take responsibility for it. They will turn you into a competent adult.”

I know this isn’t necessarily football related, but it involves football and the Michigan brand.

Is there a wrong enough in sport? Can a line be crossed? At this point I can’t imagine what anyone could do to negatively impact a Big 10 school, that is a weird statement. Aside from a player kneeling of course.

INTJohn
      Participant

At some point in time the World needed to move past Germany & Hitler; Russia (Soviet Union) & Stalin; China & Mao; Cambodia & Pol Pot; Iraq & Sadam……… I’m still waiting for it to move on past Great Britain & its mechanistic legal/moral crap that is the foundation of Murahka.

Move on pass P,M,O SU’s…….
      Everyone in Murahka is a fuking victim; A Victim of Life! Deal with it. Can UM beat them sometime on a football field?

A healthy culture & society should be able to be strong enough to withstand the loss of a couple drops of blood to a few mosquitos when it sleeps at night……..and frankly I’m tired of Murahka being run by Moral Masturbators who justify their religious based Legal Revenge by calling it ‘Justice’ in order to make themselves feel good. Get over it & move on with Life.

I did years ago……….INTJohn

Burge333
        Participant

I am not sure what most of this means. Even after googling foundation of Murahka, I am no closer. I am assuming you are saying who cares what they do, play football.

Thunder
      Keymaster

I just typed a long response and then my computer went kaput, which sucks because it deleted all the text. The gist was:

1. Meyer is a sleazeball, through and through.

ON THE OTHER HAND…

2. This is a relatively new thing in human history to start judging people and morality as closely as we do now. Former presidents had slaves. Gladiators used to fight to the death for entertainment. Now a guy does some sleazeball stuff (most of it legal, aside from the alleged domestic abuse), and people want to bring down Zach Smith, Urban Meyer, Gene Smith, etc.

Not that those things are okay or should be swept under the rug, but I think it just shows how much society has changed in the last 50-1,000 years.

Burge333
        Participant

That is an interesting perspective, that is hard to disagree with. Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.