This is not a list you want to be on, but you have to take the bad with the good. So here’s a look at the players who have thrown the most interceptions in a single game, and I was not aware of the school record until now:
- 7 – Demetrius Brown (1987 vs. Michigan State)
- 5 – Stan Noskin (1959 vs. Wisconsin)
- 4 – John Wangler (1979 vs. Purdue)
- 4 – John Navarre (2001 vs. Ohio State)
- 4 – Tate Forcier (2009 vs. Ohio State)
- 4 – Denard Robinson (2012 vs. Notre Dame)
How do you throw 7 interceptions in a single game and not get pulled before you reach that point?
Brown’s stat line during that game: 12/26 (46.2%), 158 yards, 1 touchdown, 7 interceptions. Michigan State won by a score of 17-11.
I planned to list the times players have thrown 3 interceptions in a game, but there are 44 of them!
Steve Smith and Rick Leach both threw 3 interceptions four times each. The most recent time a Michigan QB threw 3 picks in one game was J.J. McCarthy against Bowling Green in 2023.
You need to login in order to vote