Yesterday I posted some roster notes on Alabama (LINK).
For the 2012 season opener, Michigan scheduled a game with Alabama at Jerryworld, a neutral-site location. At that point Alabama had won 2 of the previous 3 national championships, including the previous season’s. Meanwhile, Michigan was coming off of an 11-2 season and a win in the Sugar Bowl over Virginia Tech.
- Alabama was up 21-0 at the end of the 1st quarter and 31-0 in the 2nd quarter before a Denard Robinson TD made it 31-7 at halftime.
- Michigan would go on to lose, 41-14.
- Alabama QB A.J. McCarron finished 11/21 for 199 yards and 2 TD.
- Alabama RB T.J. Yeldon ran 11 times for 111 yards and 1 TD.
- Devin Gardner started at wide receiver (1 catch, 44 yards, 1 TD).
- Jeremy Gallon caught 4 passes for 107 yards.
- After Robinson got injured, #2 quarterback Russell Bellomy came in to go 0/1 with 1 INT.
Michigan is 2-2 all-time against Alabama, with wins coming in 1988 and 2000, as well as losses coming in 1997 and 2012. All previous meetings other than 2012 have taken place in bowl games.
You need to login in order to vote